A few days off work to catch up on the never-ending to-do list at home can sound like a dream…. until you have the opportunity to and use your time staring blankly at Facebook updates on COVID-19 and going stir crazy from being inside day after day. Were here to share some tips on how to be productive and enjoy your time at home while crossing things off your to-do list.
- Get Ready For The Day: As tempting as it can be to lounge in your pajama’s til noon or later– save it for the weekend. Wake up early, drink your cup of coffee, and get dressed + ready to tackle your to-do’s for the day! Something about staying in pajama’s makes us just want to cozy up and watch Netflix for hours on end.
- Make a To-Do List: If you’re working from home, allot some undivided time to your job early on so you have the freedom to do whatever you need/want to do the rest of the day without work hanging over your head. Some things were doing to take advantage of this time off are spring cleaning, organizing our closets, junk drawers, and pantries, and putting out spring decorations to brighten the house.
- Home Workouts: Get your body moving! A few of our favorite at-home workouts are: Obe Fitness app, Active by Pop Sugar Fitness (tons of free videos on the app), and live-stream workouts from our local gym Main Street Fitness.
- Get Outside: Take advantage of the sunny days! Take your dog for a walk, go for a run, get some fresh air for an immediate mood boost. Just because its recommended not to go out, doesn’t mean you can’t go outside.
- Self-Care: Practice some self-love by putting on a face mask, taking a bubble bath, and treating yourself to quality skin care products. Our favorites linked here!
- Try a New Recipe: Now is the time to take advantage of all the recipes you’ve pinned on Pinterest but have never made!
- Read A Book: Sharing a few of the books on our reading list here!
- Call or Text a Friend/Family: Being home for days on end can get lonely, call up your closest buddies, family, or grandparents to check-in.
- Date Night at Home: Set the table for dinner, whip up something yummy, light a few candles, watch a romantic movie and enjoy some time with your love!