Every bride needs time with her gal pals before the big day! Nothing is more fun than a bachelorette’s “last fling before the ring!” We both planned spring bachelorette parties with our bridesmaids to celebrate going from Miss to Mrs. The traditional bachelorette involves some little black dresses, a night out on the town, and maybe a few questionable decisions. Don’t get us wrong, these are often really fun times but we both wanted to actually remember the time we shared with our friends instead of waking up and needing to recover from the night before. We both opted for a non-traditional girls trip where we felt like our best selves!
Elayna’s St. Patrick’s Weekend Bachelorette involved a home cooked fiesta with friends upon arriving at their Air BNB is Lexington, Kentucky and then was followed by a Shamrock Shuffle and a “Sweating for the Wedding” workout class with her best buds the following days.
Lexi’s Beach Vacay Bachelorette involved taking her gal pals to Melbourne, Florida. The girls had some fun in the sun in early April to celebrate Lexi’s big day fast approaching! Lexi and her friends opted for late nights spent by the pool and early mornings working out to ring in the special time together. The girls did a Pure Barre class together to stay in wedding-ready shape and finished off the trip with a night out at Disney Springs.
We truly enjoyed our bachelorette parties and loved spending the quality time with friends. One thing we would share with other brides planning bachelorettes is to make time for pictures! If you don’t have someone on the trip to take pictures, a mini session with a photographer is a great way to capture the group together.
Girls Trip Ideas
- Waco, Texas: perfect place for a Spring Fling to stroll around Magnolia Market Silos and explore local wineries.
- Charleston, SC: what better way to celebrate with your gal pals than shopping on King Street, exploring Rainbow Row and the history of the city, and eating at the cutest restaurants and roof top bars.
- Lake Norman, NC: rent an Air BNB on the lake to enjoy the peacefulness of lake life and the night life of downtown Charlotte.
Tips for Planning a Bach
- Consider where everyone lives when choosing a destination (direct flights or airport close by).
- Think about transportation for the group: rental car, Uber, walking distance
- Plan 6-8 months out to give time for prepping and requesting off work.
- Look for group activities where everyone can be included: workout classes, paint & sip, candle making, cooking class, wine tasting